The following are Observation Baltimore’s top trending topics and tweets from the past month for market research.
1. Five big trends that are impacting market research this year. One trend should come as no surprise: the integration of social, digital, and traditional marketing is critical.
5 marketing trends and how MR must respond http://t.co/zN4nsUzEdV #MRX #marketing
— Quirk’s Rsch Media (@QuirksMR) April 23, 2014
2. Do you think your boss is ignoring you? That may be the case, but it could also be attributed to the never-ending emails in their inbox.
Study: Executives receive an average of 30,000 external communications per year http://t.co/4F6tNzLaS4 pic.twitter.com/oSp5M97cV8
— Harvard Biz Review (@HarvardBiz) April 22, 2014
3. Marketing has been trending this way for a few years now, and this year it finally happened: advertising dollars on the internet exceeded television.
For 1st time, marketers spent more ad $$ on the Internet than for broadcast tv in 2013 http://t.co/btAXog5ngG #mrx #adresearch
— MRA (@MRAmrx) April 23, 2014
4. Smart phones have the capability to bring any information from the internet to you wherever you are. Young shoppers are taking advantage of this to compare pricing and read product reviews on the spot.
57% of 18-24 yr olds research prices online for products they consider buying while in a store #ageofthecustomer http://t.co/K2aGJ4FpBA
— Forrester Research (@forrester) April 14, 2014
5. Researchers know that technology will continue to push the research industry, but there are still hesitations about it.
Respondents agree that mobile and social tech is the future, but are still hesitant to go all in. More from the #GRIT http://t.co/pPmpvdaEH7
— GreenBook (@ResearchShare) April 11, 2014