As the market research industry evolves, technologies continue to play a much bigger role in the way researchers generate and analyze insights to better serve their clients. One of these new market research technologies is Virtual Stores.
While still in its infancy, the use of computer-driven store simulation technologies is quickly catching on amongst market researchers.
Benefits of Virtual Stores
- Virtual Reality is Better than Reality: Real-world field testing has tons of obstacles, including expenses, uncontrollable variables, and more. Virtual simulations provide a much more reliable and predictable research environment.
- Better Insights: When used properly, virtual stores allow market researchers to gain more accurate insights into shopping behaviors, including at-shelf product selection.
- Confidentiality: Researchers can now conduct store tests in complete anonymity.
- Cost Effective: Virtual stores represent a more cost-effective alternative to traditional in-store field tests.
- Flexibility: Virtual stores allow market researchers to easily alter test scenarios and stimuli.
- Speed: Virtual store testing is typically faster than traditional market research methods, especially in comparison with field tests.
- Enhanced Control: Virtual stores allow market researchers to completely manipulate both the environment and respondents’ interaction with it.
- Beyond Market Research: The use of virtual stores goes beyond market research and can also help stores with internal planning and store design.
The ever-changing world of technology continues to impact the market research industry in a big way – fundamentally changing the way market researchers serve their clients.
Check back next week as we take a closer look at another Technology in Market Research: Eye Tracking Studies.
To learn more, please contact Barbara Gassaway and the market research specialists at Observation Baltimore today by calling 410-332-0400 or click here! And if you are interested in participating in a future focus group, sign up at www.observationbaltimore/getpaid.
Observation Baltimore has been serving the market research industry for two decades, consistently rated “One of the World’s Best,” by Impulse Survey.
We understand market research!