Voice of Baltimore: What are Your New Year’s Resolutions?

New Year's resolutions

The new year is a time for celebration! It’s also a time for setting resolutions. What resolutions did you set this year?

Do you set a New Year’s Resolution every year? If you do, then you share a trait with fifty-four percent (54%) of Baltimore Area residents. If you don’t set a resolution, no need to worry, you’re in the company of the remaining forty-six percent (46%) who kick their legs up and say “Eh, I’m good. Maybe next year!”

What Resolutions are Most Popular?

If you decided to set a resolution this year, what did you choose? We can guess that it was most likely a goal pertaining to your health or finances, with a greater likelihood that you set a health goal this year. When asked what Baltimore residents most want to change about themselves, health and finances were especially emphasized. Thirty-one percent (31%)  wish to see less financial worry in their lives, while another nearly equal-sized group–thirty percent (30%)–wish for improved physical health.

However, when it comes down to actually setting New Year’s resolutions, Charm City residents overwhelmingly chose to set health-related goals over financial goals. Thirty-nine percent (39%) of those polled reported that they set health-related goals for 2017. That’s ten percent (10%) more than the twenty-nine percent (29%) who chose money-related goals.

How Do Most People Achieve Their Resolutions?

Why would so many people choose to set health-related goals when it seems that most people are equally worried about health and money? Perhaps it’s because a health-related goal is more attainable than a money-related goal. While it may be difficult to put money in savings when bills are piling up, it’s not too hard to go on a brisk jog every morning before work. It all comes down to how people achieve their resolutions.

When asked how they accomplish their resolutions, thirty-five percent (35%) of those polled said that they set a realistic goal. Setting a goal that you think you can realistically accomplish in a year is an important step for achieving said goal. If you’re trying to save money, then you can make a plan to put a certain amount in your savings every month. If you’re trying to get healthy, then you can buy healthier foods, hit the gym on certain days, and set a weight goal. Setting a specific goal and making a plan to accomplish it is key to achieving your New Year’s resolution!

About Observation Baltimore:

At Observation Baltimore, we understand that the success of your research is directly tied to the quality of your participants. Recognized as one of the top Maryland market research facilities and rated “One of the World’s Best” by Impulse Survey, we believe that Experienced Recruiting Makes the Difference. Our experienced recruiting is the foundation of our mission, as well as courteous and proactive hospitality and client services. Just six minutes from BWI airport and AMTRAK, our Baltimore research facility has a great location. Most importantly, we understand market research!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 4th, 2017 at 1:59 pm. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.