Not every city can be an effective test market. In order to be an effective market, a city must come as close to possible to reflecting American norms – population, average disposable income, and demographics, like age, race and gender.
A good test market is a microcosm of American culture.This is why Baltimore is the perfect market. In addition to a diverse consumer population that resides in the 5 counties surrounding the city, Baltimore is rich with diversity, charmed with history and thriving with economic growth.
Baltimore City Demographic Information General
- Total Population of 651,154
- 303,687 Males (46.6% of the population
- 347,467 Females (53.4%)
- 205,982 Caucasians (31.6%)
- 418,951 African Americans (63.4)
- 9,985 Asian Americans (1.5%)
- 11,061 Hispanics or Latinos (1.7%)
- 22.4% of the population is under 18 years of age
- 11.8% over 65 years of age
- 65.8% between 18 and 64 years of age
- 32% of the population is married
- 257,996 total households
- Average household size of 2.42
- Average family size of 3.16
- 57.4% of homes are family households
- 26.6% are married-couple family households
- 42.9% Non-family households
- 19 Hospitals / health care facilities in Baltimore City
- Over 5,000 Physicians and surgeons in Baltimore
- 77.4% of population graduated high school
- Baltimore City and the surrounding area have 15 major Colleges / universities, both public and private
- 48,736 enrolled in Baltimore colleges and universities
Business / Professions
- 12,333 Private business establishments
- 275,608 Private employment
- Nearly 3,000 law firms in Baltimore
With Baltimore’s diverse population of consumers, youth, healthcare and business professionals, Baltimore is an ideal location for your next research project.Choose Baltimore…Choose The Research Group!
To find out why large corporation like Chick-fil-a, Spot On Energy™, Virgin Cola, Polaroid, and Disney choose Baltimore as their test market, contact the market research specialists at Observation Baltimore by calling 410-332-0400 or click here today!
We understand market research!
Tags: Baltimore, baltimore research, experienced recruiting, Market Research, market research industry, market research specialists, Observation Baltimore, Quantitative, quantitative research, The Research Group, UMBC